WAB is now accepting applications for internships.
Next Deadline (Spring Internship):
December 1, 2015 or until filled
The WAB internship program allows interns and volunteers to participate in a wide assortment of arts-related opportunities and to assist staff in a number of office and programmatic responsibilities. The Wisconsin Arts Board also encourages interns and volunteers to pursue areas of interest and to propose challenging and fulfilling projects to work on during the internship.
1. This internship requires a 10-20 hour weekly time commitment (in at least three-hour blocks).
2. These positions are unpaid.
3. Please submit cover letter, resume and writing sample to:
PO Box 8690
Madison, WI 53708-8690
4. If you are currently a student, be sure to indicate your year in school, anticipated year of graduation, and academic record (major and GPA).
Responsibilities May Include:
• Research issue areas and provide short reports on those issues
• Conduct ongoing Public Relations work for the agency, including the development of public relations materials such as press releases
• Assist with coordinating grants panels
• Communicate with individual artists and arts organizations statewide
• Respond to constituent correspondence
• Organize and update constituent database and file systems
• Web site design and structure
• Workshop / Event Planning
• Research special projects as directed by the Executive Director or Assistant Director
• Complete general office duties
1. Experience with college-level research and writing
2. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
3. Professional office etiquette
4. Ability to multitask and work independently and cooperatively
5. Proficiency in computer skills and computer research (especially with Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, and Web browsers)
6. Reliability and promptness
7. Attention to detail and the ability to complete projects in an efficient manner
Updated: Tuesday, September 22, 2015