Save the Date!
The Americans for the Arts national convention is coming to Chicago, June 12-14, 2015!
Click here to read more about one of the world's best professional development opportunities for people working and volunteering in the arts and the creative industries!
National Endowment for the Arts 2015 Funding Guidelines Posted
The NEA's two major grant programs, Arts Works and Challenge America, will have February, April, and July 2015 Deadlines. The NEA will offer webinars for both programs: Art Works on January 21, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. Wisconsin time; Challenge America on March 11, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. Wisconsin time. Click the headline above to read more!
2014 is the Year of Rural Art!
Since January the Wisconsin Arts Board has been partnering with Arts Wisconsin (AW) to focus on the rural arts scene in Wisconsin via a Facebook Page created by AW.
Happy 40th Anniversary Wisconsin Arts Board!
On August 2, 1973, then Governor Patrick Lucey signed legislation that brought the Wisconsin Arts Board into existence. On this our 40th anniversary we look back with thanks to all that made this work possible.
The Wisconsin Arts Board wishes to thank:
- The artists, creatives, and tradition bearers whose work is the reason we exist.
- The Wisconsin arts and community organizations with which we partner to deliver programs and services that the citizens value.
- The citizens of the State of Wisconsin, and their elected representatives in the Governorís office and legislature, for their investment in our work.
- The arts teachers, who inspire our children to be creative, to think critically, and to express themselves through the arts.
- The National Endowment for the Arts, our most enduring and critical partner.
- The many citizens who have served as members of the Wisconsin Arts Board, who have traveled from all corners of the state to lend their expertise to the stateís policy and planning for the arts.
- The many people who have served on our peer panels, offering their time, professional expertise, and funding recommendations to the Board.
- The Arts Boardís professional staff who have put in countless hours and have driven many miles to offer their technical assistance, information, and support.
We will celebrate our 40th Anniversary throughout 2013-14. Watch for events to be scheduled and new pieces to be added to the anniversary section of our web site. We encourage you to share your favorite Arts Board-related stories with us via email, Facebook, and Twitter (or the next time you see us in person!).
Hereís to the next 40 years!