Applicants submit their Phase 2 applications by April 7, 2022 at 3:00 pm.
Items to note:
The WAB online application form is mandatory
It is mandatory to apply to the Wisconsin Arts Board using the new WAB online application system.
Financial Documentation is Required
Specifically, a copy of applicant organization’s budgets from its most recently completed fiscal year, its current fiscal year, and a projected budget for its next fiscal year are required. For units of government and college/university/school applicants, submit copies of the applicant's relevant program budgets from its most recently completed fiscal year, its current fiscal year, and a projected budget for its next fiscal year.
- Arts Board staff reviews Phase 2 applications to determine compliance with basic eligibility requirements.
- Panelists review all Phase 2 applications prior to the panel meeting. In addition, each panelist is assigned specific applications to study in-depth and present during the meeting. Panelists are instructed not to contact or discuss pending applications with applicants prior to the panel meeting.
- Panel meetings will occur in Madison in April. They are open to the public. Panel meeting dates are posted on the Arts Board’s website. Applicants are encouraged, but not required, to attend as observers only.
- At the panel meetings, panelists score applications based on evaluation criteria established by the Board. The panel makes qualitative and funding recommendations to the Board.
- At the May Board meeting, the Arts Board members review and accept or deny the recommendations of the peer advisory panel, prior to making all awards.
- Checks will be available after July 1 provided the grant recipient has returned a signed grant contract and other required material, and that the legislature has passed the state budget. (NOTE: The Arts Board cannot guarantee an exact timeframe for payment. It is possible that grant checks may not be sent until the late Fall, depending on State Legislative and Administrative action.)