The Wisconsin Arts Board is committed to insuring ADA compliance and we are advocates for full access to the arts. Organizations that receive funding from the Wisconsin Arts Board must be fully accessible and inclusive to every individual including people with disabilities and older adults. If you are unsure if your organization or facility is in compliance, please contact the Wisconsin Arts Board's ADA Coordinator, Dale Johnson.
The Wisconsin Arts Board is equally committed to making sure our services are accessible to people with disabilities, including artists with disabilities.
To request accommodation at meetings, or related to WAB grants or
services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 608-264-8191.
Art Accessibility Resources
Resources from the National Endowment for the Arts on accessibility:
- National Endowment for the Arts Office for Accessibility
- Accessibility Planning and Resource Guide for Cultural Administrators – a free ebook that provides guidance to cultural administrators on how to achieve accessible and inclusive programming for everyone including individuals with disabilities and older adults.
- Design for Accessibility: A Cultural Administrator’s Handbook – a free PDF file designed to help organizations not only comply with Section 504 and the Americans with Disabilities Act, but to assist in making access an integral part of planning, mission, programs, outreach, meetings, budget and staffing.
- Section 504 Self-Evaluation Workbook – This Program Evaluation Workbook is designed to assist staff of Endowment grant recipients in evaluating the current state of accessibility of their programs and activities to disabled visitors and employees.
- This Tip Sheet is an easy-to-read explanation of the 2010 revisions to the Americans with Disabilities Act Titles II and III that impact arts and cultural organizations, including requirements for ticketing, mobility devices, service animals, and new construction.
Resources for grant applicants:
Facility (ies) is(are) accessible in:
- level access
- accommodation for service animals/relief areas