The Arts Board is governed by a fifteen-member board appointed by the Governor to serve three-year terms. Board members are Wisconsin citizens recognized for their accomplishments in the arts, humanities, business, education or public service. The board includes members from urban and rural areas across the state and from diverse racial, economic and cultural backgrounds. Board members set policy for the agency and approve funding recommendations made by the peer review panels. The members meet a
minimum of four times per year, and all meetings are open to the public.
Brian Kelsey, Chairperson, Fish Creek
- Lynn Richie, Vice Chairperson, Land O' Lakes
- Jayne Herring, Secretary, Kenosha
Karen Ann Hoffman,
- John W. Johnson, Madison
- Leah Kolb, Madison
- Susan Lipp, Madison
- John H. Potter,
- Gerard Randall, Milwaukee
- Mary K. Reinders, Mount Horeb
- Rafael Francisco Salas, Ripon
- Jennifer Schwarzkopf, Fitchburg
- There are two vacant board positions as of May 1, 2022.
To apply to become a member of the Arts Board, please click to be directed to the Governor's Apply to Serve webpage. Then click on Board/Commission positions."