- less than three years old at the time of application (this means that the project itself must have been in existence for less than three years, not that the project has received WAB funding for less than three years), or
- a newly expanded dimension of an existing project (this means that the grant application must request support for costs related only to the new elements).
A project must be distinct from the organization's regular, ongoing programs/services.
Applicant and Project Eligibility Information
Complete a simple Phase 1 application after reading the FY20 Phase 1 guidelines by clicking 'Apply Here' at the top of the righthand column on this webpage.
Be invited to submit a Phase 2 application
Why use a two-phase application process?
The rest of the story:
For more about the Wisconsin Arts Board
Application calendar for FY20:
- January 15, 2019: Phone-in Q&A for Phase 1, 12:30 pm (not required)* Applicants that have not previously applied to WAB’s Creative Communities program must notify the Arts Board of their intent to apply by this date. (Notification should be in the form of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- January 17, 2019: DEADLINE - Creative Communities Phase 1 application deadline, 3 pm
- February 1, 2019: Eligible applicants receive invitation to continue into Phase 2
- February 21, 2019: phone-in Q&A for Phase 2, 12:30 pm (Phase 2 eligible groups only)*
- February 28, 2019: DEADLINE - Only applicants that received the panel's invitation to apply to Phase 2, submit application materials by 3 pm. This is also the postmark deadline for hard copy.
- April 2019: Separate panels meet in Madison to review applications to the Arts Education, Folk Arts and Local Arts components.
- May 3, 2019: Wisconsin Arts Board meets to consider recommendations from panels
- July 1, 2019: Awarded projects may begin
*Phone-in Q&A - Use this time to ask questions of WAB staff and hear other applicants' questions. To call in, dial toll-free 1(888) 291-0312 and enter Access Code: 8928952# when prompted. While this is not required, it is encouraged.
Resources for Grant Applicants
Resources for Grant Recipients
What Comes Next?
Photo Release Form - sample
Questions? Contact Arts Board staff via E-mail or phone 608-267-2026 (Karen Goeschko) or 608-264-8191 (Dale Johnson).