FY24 Application Calendar
* Please note that grant award checks may not arrive until well after your project begins, depending on when the Legislature passes the state budget.
|Phase 1 Application Deadline||Announcement of Phase 2 Invitation or Rejection||Phase 2 Application Deadline||Earliest Announcement of Grant Award or Rejection||Earliest Beginning Date for Grant-Related Activities*|
The Creative Communities (CC) grants program encourages arts education, cultural understanding, and community arts development in Wisconsin. It provides support for projects that further the Arts Board’s goals in the following three areas: Arts Education, Folk and Traditional Arts, and Local Arts. Through direct financial support of specific arts projects, the Arts Board sustains the vitality of Wisconsin culturally, educationally and economically.
An eligible Creative Communities project is a collaborative endeavor that is carefully planned and designed to achieve a particular aim within an identified community. It is either:
- less than three years old at the time of application (this means that the project itself must have been in existence for less than three years, not that the project has received WAB funding for less than three years), or
- a newly expanded dimension of an existing project (this means that the grant application must request support for costs related only to the new elements).
A project must be distinct from the organization's regular, ongoing programs/services.
NOTE: Organizations that receive a FY24 Creative Communities grant are not eligible to apply to the FY24 Creation and Presentation Program in October, 2023.
Complete a simple Phase 1 application after reading the FY23 Phase 1 guidelines by clicking 'Apply Here' at the top of the righthand column on this webpage.
Be invited to submit a Phase 2 application
Why use a two-phase application process?
The rest of the story:
Application Calendar for FY24:
As of April 2022, all applicants are required to obtain a “Unique Entity Identifier” (UEI) through the System of Award Management (SAM) at https://sam.gov.
February 16, 2023: Virtual Q&A for Phase 1, 12:15 pm (not required)* - register for the session here: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0scO2tqD0oHNLRlmFlZtdI86Dqi8d-1Y-f. Applicants that have not previously applied to WAB’s Creative Communities program must notify the Arts Board of their intent to apply by this date. (Notification should be in the form of an email to email@example.com). A recording of the session is available on YouTube.
- February 23, 2023: DEADLINE - Creative Communities Phase 1 application deadline, 3 pm
- March 10, 2023: Eligible applicants receive invitation to continue into Phase 2
- March 16, 2023: Virtual Q&A for Phase 2, 12:15 pm (Phase 2 eligible groups only)*
- April 6, 2023: DEADLINE - Only applicants that received the panel's invitation to apply to Phase 2, submit application materials by 3 pm
- April 2023: Separate panels meet to review applications to the Arts Education, Folk Arts and Local Arts components - see specific dates in the righthand column of this webpage
- May 2023: Wisconsin Arts Board meets to consider recommendations from panels
- July 1, 2023: Awarded projects may begin
*Virtual Q&A - Use this time to ask questions of WAB staff and hear other applicants' questions. A meeting link will be sent directly to Phase 2 applicants. If you need alternative access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. While this is not
required, it is encouraged.
Resources for Grant Applicants
Resources for Grant Recipients
Questions? Contact Arts Board staff via e-mail or phone 608-267-2026 (Karen Goeschko) or 608-264-8191 (Dale Johnson).