The Creative Communities grants program (CCP) encourages arts education and community arts development in Wisconsin. It provides support for projects that further the Arts Board’s goals in the following three areas: Arts Education, Folk and Traditional Arts, and Local Arts. Through direct financial support of specific arts projects, the Arts Board sustains the vitality of Wisconsin culturally, educationally and economically.
How to Apply
Have a project
Be eligible to apply in
Complete a simple Phase 1 application (no account needed) after reading the FY18 Phase 1 guidelines.
Be invited to submit a Phase 2 application
Why use a two-phase application process?
The rest of the story:
For more about the Arts Board
Application calendar for FY18:
- January 26, 2017: phone-in Q&A for Phase 1, 12:30 pm (not required)*
- February 3, 2017: Creative Communities Phase 1 application deadline, 3 pm
- February 20, 2017: Eligible applicants receive invitation to continue into Phase 2
- March 7, 2017: phone-in Q&A for Phase 2, 12:15 pm (not required)*
- March 21, 2017: Phase 2 eGrant application deadline, 3 pm
- March 22, 2017: Phase 2 mailed materials postmark deadline
- April 2017: Separate panels meet in Madison to review applications to the Arts Education, Folk Arts and Local Arts components.
- May 5, 2017: Wisconsin Arts Board meets to consider recommendations from panels
- July 1, 2017: Awarded projects may begin
*Phone-in Q&A - Use this time to ask questions of WAB staff and hear other applicants' questions. To call in, dial toll-free 1(888) 291-0312 and enter Access Code: 8928952# when prompted.
Resources for Grant Applicants
Resources for Grant Recipients
* Deadlines falling on a weekend or holiday are moved to the next business day.
Questions? Contact Arts Board staff via E-mail or phone 608-267-2026 (Karen Goeschko) or 608-264-8191 (Dale Johnson).